Maharaja Vijaysinh Gymkhana was inaugurated on 26th February 1917 by Lord Willingdon, then Governor of Bombay. The Club had an indoor badminton court and facilities for indoor games. There was always a splendid spread of the finest food and beverages.
A polo ground by the side of the Club hosted matches right through the winter months.
The heydays of Rajpipla Club spanned three decades until merger of Rajpipla State with the Union of India. A large number of European guests would visit regularly.
The Club was buzzing with activity for several decades thereafter. As its centenary approaches next year, it is perhaps time for Maharaja Vijaysinh Gymkhana to appear in its new avtaar.